Sunday 21 July 2013

Auschwitz 1

Finally we get to visit this place
I've looked forward to yet was apprehensive for many years now and am really pleased we did it justice by staying overnight and spreading the visit over two days

There were actually 3 Auschwitz camps, the 1st being an original Polish army barracks taken over by the Nazis which now is a superbly detailed museum. The second up the road is Auschwitz 2 Birkenau which we walked to next day ( Next Post )

I took, in my opinion, many very important pictures over the two days and have selected but a few to represent our visit here. I have tried to be sensitive with what is posted and if there are photos of individuals its because its in their honour and I feel we must remember them...

There were many photos I did not take...........
































No comments:

Post a Comment